Asking the Right Questions
Have you ever thought about laying laminate flooring in your bathroom? Is laminate flooring the right choice for you? Asking yourself what your options are can help you determine the practicality of laminate floors in your home and help you figure out your installation cost.
Questions such as: How big is your bathroom? Do you plan on putting in the laminate flooring yourself? Are you a young growing family, on your own, or a mature couple? Do you entertain a lot in your home?
Are you planning to sell your home in the near future or are you putting down permanent roots? Do you have the time and inclination to vacuum often or is the hand broom your best friend?
Laminate floors can make clean up easy. Do you have pets? Do they have the run of the house, including the bathroom? Indoors, outdoors or both? The answers to these lifestyle questions along with the following laminate flooring installation tips and laminate flooring installation instructions will give you a sense of what it takes to lay in a new floor.
Consider the following pros and cons of laying a new laminate floor below when trying to decide if laminate meets the flooring needs in your home and bathroom.
Laminate is a hugely practical, popular flooring choice. Plank flooring is versatile and comes in every colour, pattern and finish imaginable, your floor can even look like bamboo, heritage oak or highly polished hardwood.
Ceramic and cork are also available on a laminate tile tongue and groove backing for ease of installation. Durable, easy to clean, scratch and stain resistant, laminate can chip if heavy objects are dropped with a lot of force.
Mop up spills right away or use a bath mat in your bathroom when stepping out of the tub or shower. While laminate on your bath floor does not do well with excessive moisture it has no problems in hallways, kitchens and living rooms.
Creating a Beautiful Professional Floor
Some recommended brands are Pergo, Laurentian, Armstrong and Wicanders laminate flooring materials. If you’re thinking of laying laminate yourself, consider purchasing the video Installing Laminate Flooring ; it shows you everything you need to create a beautiful laminate floor.
If you’re considering installing laminate flooring in your home here are some points to help with your decision.
- It’s durable. Warranties are typically anywhere from 10 to 20 years, telling you that the manufacturer’s have plenty of confidence in their product.
- It ;looks clean and it’s easy to keep clean. A slightly damp cloth applied with a microfibre mop-head does the trick just fine.
- It’s family and pet-friendly. I’ve watched our grandchildren chase dogs, cats and toys across laminate flooring for the past two years with barely a scratch. The floor still looks brand new and it’s at least 5 years old.
- It’s beautiful. Laminate flooring finishes are so good they’re barely distinguishable from hardwood–and they come in such variety that you can achieve any look you want.
- It’s affordable–usually two-thirds the price of installed hardwood and much less if you decide to do it yourself.
Thinking of laying laminate yourself? If so consider the video: Installing Laminate Flooring it demonstrates everything you need to know, plus it comes with instructions on laying laminate stairs, a complete report and email support for one year! – Article by Marion Taylor