A Greater Impact on a Smaller Space
Bathroom flooring comes in a variety of styles. Changing your flooring can automatically change the entire impression of a room. Because a bathroom is usually smaller than the other rooms in your house, the flooring will actually have a greater impact on the look of the room, than if it was in a bigger room.
It is important to consider the coloring and material of your flooring. If your bathroom is small, you would want to choose a lighter color and designs that are larger to expand the feel of the room.
The material you choose is important because you will want to choose flooring that is durable and can withstand a lot of moisture in the form of water and steam.
These days, we have a lot of different choices that are efficient and actually look expensive. The great thing about this is that they look expensive but are relatively easy on the pocket. The price ranges can fluctuate a lot, so shop around for the best price.
Flooring choices can come in the form of natural stone, such as granite or marble, laminates that mimic a wood look, but are easier to maintain and tile or vinyl flooring. Linoleum flooring has been around forever, and is now coming out with some great patterns and color choices.
Listed below are some specifications that describe the different flooring choices available.
1. Tile Flooring – This is a durable and attractive floor. What is good about tile flooring is that if you are a handy man or woman, you can actually install this yourself with the step by step installation instructions that usually come with your purchase.
2. Laminate “Wood Look” Flooring – This is a beautiful flooring that is easy to clean and can withstand a lot of water.
3. Marble and Granite Flooring – They are beautiful, however, they need more care and maintenance than the others.
Narrowing Down Your Choices
4. Vinyl Flooring – This flooring is durable and can withstand moisture. It comes in a variety of colors.
5. Linoleum Flooring – This flooring is also durable and is great for people with allergies. For those of you creating a “green” bathroom, this is the perfect choice as it is biodegradable.
These are great floor choices for your new bathroom remodeling project. Try to stay away from the real hardwood floors for your bathroom because water and wood are not a good mix.
Even if you feel that you will not drip on the floor, it is very impractical to think that water will not get on the floor. Hardwood floors will separate, which will allow water in, especially in a humid and wet environment like the bathroom.
It is better and even more recommended that you can get that hardwood look with the laminate wood look flooring which is more practical and cheaper.
There are many places on the internet that will give you step by step instructions on installing flooring. If you do not feel this is a do-it-yourself project that you can handle, you will need to look into a flooring contractor.
Be sure to ask around for references and check them out. A respectable contractor will have no problem with you checking into his work, besides this is only another way for them to show off their quality work.
Changing the flooring in your bathroom can completely change the outcome of your bathroom renovation project. It is amazing how new flooring can make you feel like you’re stepping into a completely different room.