Summing up Your Design Options
The bathroom vanity will set the tone for your entire bathroom design. Since it is the main attraction in your bathroom, it is important that you choose carefully for your bathroom renovation project. Vanities come in all sorts of styles and materials. There are modern vanities, antique vanities and even double vanities. Materials range from solid wood, stone, glass to various metal finishes.
Learn to Pick the Best Vanity for Your Bath
1. This is a room that everyone in your house will be using at some time or another. When you are deciding on what type of bathroom vanity to install, you should first decide who is going to be using the bathroom. If it is a family bathroom, you will want to have a lot of cabinets and drawers for the frequently used items, such as towels, toilet paper, toothpaste, combs, hair dryers, etc.
Size of Bathroom is Important
2. Consider the size of the bathroom. A smaller bathroom will benefit more from extra storage space, where as in a larger bathroom, you can purchase a bathroom vanity based on its appearance, such as a bathroom vanity with little drawers, but is more attractive.
Who Will be Using the Vanity
3. An important factor to consider when purchasing a vanity is its height. If you get a vanity that is too low, this will not benefit that tall person. If you get a vanity that is too tall, this will not benefit that shorter family member. Remember to consider who is actually using the bathroom on a daily basis.
Consider How Your New Vanity Will Compliment Your Decor
4. How much space does your bathroom have for a vanity? They come in all shapes and sizes. This will determine how big and what shape you will want. Also, decide on how much space you want on the vanity top. Do you need two vanities for two sinks?
Its the Small Details That Make the Difference
5. You need to choose a material for your bathroom vanity that is water resistant and will not bow, including the interior cabinet. A vanity’s durability is also something to consider when remodeling your bathroom.
Choose the Appropriate Style
6. Decide your style. There are many different styles you can choose from. Whether you decide to choose a modern style, a more traditional style or an elegant Victorian style, the style of your vanity should coincide with the style of your home. Consider the look of your entire bathroom when selecting a bathroom vanity. Do not forget to include your lighting and fixtures styles.
Finish it Yourself to Save Money
7. Saving money on a bathroom vanity is possible by purchasing an unfinished model. It does take a little work; however, the results will be to your exact specifications.
Framed or Framless Design
8. Vanities come in two main types: framed or frameless. The framed vanities are box-like and have the traditional hinges attaching the vanity door on the outside. The frameless vanities create a more modern style and the doors are hung directly on the side. The hinges are hidden and can be adjusted more easily.
Vanities come in beautiful, elegant and trendy styles. Whether you choose to have a Victorian style or a Japanese vessel style vanity or a more modern style, you will enjoy your bathroom vanity for years to come, if you take into consideration the above tips.