Come on in and Take a Load off
We have all heard of the term “Cocooning” where instead of traveling or going out of our homes, we are now bringing those same amenities that we once went out of our homes to acquire into our homes.
People are spending money on upgrading the private, family-oriented areas of their homes rather than renovating the home’s more public spaces. These days, the bathroom is becoming more than just a room to perform daily functions.
It has now become a room where people go to unwind after a long day or where they begin their morning in a peaceful relaxing atmosphere. Around the country, bathrooms are now being turned into beautiful lavish oasis’ that once were the realms of fancy hotels and dream vacations.
Designers are getting their ideas from sophisticated hotels and spas. Creating an oasis is not just about adding in a whirlpool tub, it consists of all the little things throughout the bathroom that tie in together to create a peaceful, serene atmosphere.
People are trying to make sure their bathrooms are enjoyable as well as functional and are surrounding themselves with things that make them feel safe and comfortable.
Here are some tips for creating your very own luxurious oasis
1. Your sink is a good place to start when transforming your bathroom into an oasis. Installing two sinks is a popular choice that gives the room a sense of space. The material your sink top is made of is important in trying to create a haven. Marble or stone is an excellent addition to your creation.
Be sure you have enough counter space to put all of your decor necessities and desires.
2. Lighting is essential when trying to create a peaceful oasis. Your lighting needs to be bright enough so you can shave and apply make up in the correct light, but it should also be soft enough to create an overall sense of tranquility.
Frosted or coated bulbs can help to soften the light, and you will not lose too much of the brightness. Adding two scones on the sides of the mirrors will eliminate shadows that come from the light from above. Always have some type of cover over the bulbs to avoid lighting that is way to bright.
Adding the Amenities to Help you Relax
3. Make sure your fixtures all match. Whether you are using chrome, aluminum, stainless steel or brass, unmatched fixtures can give an unfinished appearance.
4. Steam showers are becoming more popular. This will truly give your bathroom a feeling of an oasis. A steam shower is a self-enclosed unit that uses a steam generator to convert water into steam.
They are usually about the same size of a traditional shower, but that is where the similarities end. A steam shower is pure luxury. They are watertight and you can control the temperature. There are even steam showers that are voice activated with massage jets and foot massagers and outlets for your MP3 players, radio or a telephone.
5. Your bathtub can also help you transform your bathroom into an haven of bliss. You can add a whirlpool tub or a simple, elegant claw foot tub giving your bathroom a sense of decadence. There are sunken and elevated tubs for that stylish look. Just add a pendant light over your tub and a few candles, and you can relax and read for hours.
6. Heated floors are becoming all the rage. With the help of a qualified electrician, heating elements can be added beneath your tile floors to maintain that all around cozy feeling when you leave that scrumptious tub on a cold winter’s day.
7. Don’t forget the simple pleasures. Add in a heated towel rail for complete indulgence. A designer radiator will warm up the bathroom in the cold months. Purchase some extra fluffy towels that fit in with the design of your bathroom.
8. Adding smart wiring into your bathroom will allow you to bring in the electronics. You can relax while you watch your favorite television program or while you listen to your CD’s.
These are only a few suggestions to get you started on your bathroom oasis. Anyone can do it. Be creative and add your own new ideas to create the bathroom enclave you have always wanted.
Turning your bathroom into A Home-Spa is One Way of Following Your Bliss. And with this editorial you can Create a Lavish Washroom on a Limited Budget. Why not Add a Little Luxury into Your Bath by Installing a Television to enhance your personal lifestyle!
Other relevant categories that teach you about building new wet rooms, expert home improvement advice, thrifty room upgrades, style influences and suggestions for creating the perfect space to relax and bathe in.