Make Your Bathroom Space Extraordinary
When building a new bathroom or upgrading your existing bath, there are many ideas for washroom ceiling upgrades that go beyond simply changing your lighting fixtures, adding a ceiling fan or painting your popcorn ceiling red.
If you want to go beyond the traditional superficial touch ups and really customize your lavatory ceiling to meet your particular taste or lifestyle then these washroom ceiling ideas are sure to stimulate your design senses.
From vaulted to coffered ceilings, here are 5 innovative types you can use to spruce up your mundane lavatory ceiling. You can incorporate these ideas into your bath yourself if you are a handyman or hire a professional bath designer or contractor to help you bring your vision to life.
Because we rarely look up in our bathrooms, one area often overlooked during the renovation process is the bath ceiling. Yet for those of you that believe the charm is in the details then these ceiling ideas are for you because these ceiling ideas will set your bathroom ceiling apart from the boring popcorn ceilings that are common for residential bathing spaces.
1) Well the first thing that you can do is increase your bathroom ceiling height Just by simply raising the height of your ceiling from eight feet to nine feet can dramatically change the feel of the room and perception of its spatial size significantly.
2) How about raising it even further in the form of a cathedral ceiling. A cathedral ceiling can be defined as a ceiling that has its center point higher than the four walls holding it up. In recent years this has become increasing popular for those homeowners upgrading their ceiling configuration.
Add a skylight and this goes a long way to increasing the overall perception of your restrooms depth and luminosity along with giving it timeless charm.
3) For a more artistic feeling a vaulted ceiling may be just what you are looking for.
Visually appealing, a vaulted ceiling has one wall of the room taller than the opposing lavatory wall. This means that your washroom ceiling incrementally slopes down to the lowest eight foot lavatory wall again giving the impression or illusion that the room is larger than it is actually is because of the increased visual volume.
Easy to employ if planned correctly, this simple ceiling upgrade is little more than picking the correct type of overhead trusses and deciding upon the optimum angle of slope.
Take the Guesswork out of Installation
4) Coffered ceilings are just plain beautiful and have a tendency of giving your interior a formal exclusive upscale look. Basically a coffered ceiling is made up of ornamental sunken square panels in your bathroom ceiling.
You can even use beams to create the same effect but with a more rustic charm. The box like structure of the design can sometimes be used to highlight the light fixtures in your bathroom.
The good part is that you can buy kits that are relatively easy to install. If you are patient and good with tools, a handy homeowner could build their own coffered looking ceiling using treated lumber and sheetrock with satisfying results that can ultimately set your bathroom ceiling apart from the ordinary.
5) Cove ceilings often give your bathroom ceiling a classical look and feel. Coving was used so you don’t get a bit of a crack between the wall and the ceiling plaster, mainly the coving just hides the black crack lines that sometimes occur in plastered ceilings.
Coving can also just be used as a decorative element. You can use a quarter circle curve accented with crown molding where the coving meets the wall creating a uniquely Victorian look.
This look is best when the ceiling has a minimum height of ten feet to provide a large enough radius for the shift from wall to ceiling. Dentil style coving and a couple of corbels can create a classical Greek style for your ceiling and if you spend a lot of time in your bath looking up at your bathroom ceiling then you will appreciate this classic luxurious look.
These are not your only options available for redoing your boring ceiling and you should remember that the final finish of your bath ceiling can make a huge impact on the overall look of your bathing chamber.
From building materials, textures, colors and matte or shiny ceiling finishes, there are many creative bathroom ceiling options available to make your old plain white ceiling breathe new life into your lavatory with a ceiling that is uniquely yours.
Online site sections so you can learn skills on renovating your bath. Simply intuitive concepts for better interior spatial use. You can modify your wetroom with these building ideas. Recommended bath trending overview and updates or you can examine our pick of washroom consumer goods to make your next home improvement purchases more informative.